Today's lesson is less science and more into the heart of pranayama: the history, leaders and luminaries of pranayama and in other traditions.
- We begin with some exercises for the vagus nerve :) eyeball and neck releases
- There is a 15 minute talk I play via YouTube of Iyengar speaking on pranayama. It's not the best quality but I really respect Iyengar's teachings and wanted you to get a gist of who he is.
- What the sutras and Gita say about pranayama
- What Kundalini is and the controversy of it
- What Kumbhaka, puraka and rechaka mean
- We will go over who Wim Hof is next class :)
We end today with a Kundalini Kriya - a bit different from the previous days' of pranayama. This is one of my favourites especially for the morning, for kicking a cold, bad mood or for energizing. It's called the Surya Kriya and it's one I sometimes do before I get out of bed :)